Turboblaze ignores the effects of Abilities that could potentially affect the damage or effects of a move that its user executes. For example, a Pokemon with Turboblaze can hit opponents that possess Levitate by using Earthquake. Turboblaze applies regardless of target Pokemon, but only to moves executed by its user (so if two Pokemon in a Double Battleboth know Earthquake, only the Pokemon with Turboblaze can hit a Pokemon with Levitate).
Unlike Gastro Acid, which completely negates a target’s Ability, the opponents’ Abilities otherwise remain in effect:
- Abilities that prevent status conditions (such as Immunity andOblivious) will not protect the Pokemon from receiving the status condition; however, many of these Abilities also have effects to cure the Pokemon of the status condition if afflicted, which are not negated by Turboblaze.
- Abilities that draw attacks to the user, such as Lightning Rod and Storm Drain, will still divert attacks regardless of Turboblaze, but will not nullify the damage or boost the Pokemon’s stats.
Turboblaze can ignore the Abilities of Pokemon other than the target; for example, if a Pokemon with Turboblaze uses Thunder Wave on a type Pokemon whose ally has Flower Veil, the target will still be paralyzed.
If a Pokemon with Turboblaze forces a Pokemon to switch in with a move like Roar or Dragon Tail, immunities to entry hazards due to Abilities will be negated (except Magic Guard). If forced to switch in this way:
- Pokemon with Levitate will be affected by Spikes and Toxic Spikes, unless they are type or holding an Air Balloon.
- type Pokemon with Levitate can remove Toxic Spikes, if they are not type and not holding an Air Balloon.
- Pokemon with Immunity will be poisoned by Toxic Spikes (although Immunity will then activate and cure them of poison).
- Pokemon with Leaf Guard will be poisoned by Toxic Spikes even duringintense sunlight.
- Pokemon with Clear Body or White Smoke will have their Speedlowered by Sticky Web.
In Generation VI, a Pokemon with Overcoat will be affected by powder and spore moves as well.
When a Pokemon with Turboblaze is brought out, the message "<name> is radiating a blazing aura!" will be displayed.
Turboblaze ignores the following Abilities, even in situations where the Ability could increase the power of a move (such as using Low Kick on a Pokemon with Heavy Metal or using a type move on a Pokemon with Dry Skin):
Outside of battle
Turboblaze has no effect outside of battle.
Pokemon with Turboblaze