Teravolt ignores the effects of Abilities that could potentially affect the damage or effects of a move that its user executes. For example, a Pokemon with Teravolt can hit opponents that possess Levitate by using Earthquake. Teravolt applies regardless of target Pokemon, but only to moves executed by its user (so if two Pokemon in a Double Battle both know Earthquake, only the Pokemon with Teravolt can hit a Pokemon with Levitate).
Unlike Gastro Acid, which completely negates a target’s Ability, the opponents’ Abilities otherwise remain in effect:
- Abilities that prevent status conditions (such as Immunity and Oblivious) will not protect the Pokemon from receiving the status condition; however, many of these Abilities also have effects to cure the Pokemon of the status condition if afflicted, which are not negated by Teravolt.
- Abilities that draw attacks to the user, such as Lightning Rod and Storm Drain, will still divert attacks regardless of Teravolt, but will not nullify the damage or boost the Pokemon’s stats.
Teravolt can ignore the Abilities of Pokemon other than the target; for example, if a Pokemon with Teravolt uses Thunder Wave on a typePokemon whose ally has Flower Veil, the target will still be paralyzed.
If a Pokemon with Teravolt forces a Pokemon to switch in with a move likeRoar or Dragon Tail, immunities to entry hazards due to Abilities will be negated (except Magic Guard). If forced to switch in this way:
- Pokemon with Levitate will be affected by Spikes and Toxic Spikes, unless they are type or holding an Air Balloon.
- type Pokemon with Levitate can remove Toxic Spikes, if they are not type and not holding an Air Balloon.
- Pokemon with Immunity will be poisoned by Toxic Spikes (although Immunity will then activate and cure them of poison).
- Pokemon with Leaf Guard will be poisoned by Toxic Spikes even during intense sunlight.
- Pokemon with Clear Body or White Smoke will have their Speedlowered by Sticky Web.
In Generation VI, a Pokemon with Overcoat will be affected by powder and spore moves as well.
When a Pokemon with Teravolt is brought out, the message "<name> is radiating a bursting aura!" will be displayed.
Teravolt ignores the following Abilities, even in situations where the Ability could increase the power of a move (such as using Low Kick on a Pokemon with Heavy Metal or using a type move on a Pokemon withDry Skin):
|Generation V onwards
||Battle Armor, Big Pecks, Clear Body, Contrary, Damp, Dry Skin, Filter, Flash Fire, Flower Gift, Friend Guard,Heatproof, Heavy Metal, Hyper Cutter, Immunity, Inner Focus, Insomnia, Keen Eye, Leaf Guard, Levitate, Light Metal, Lightning Rod, Limber, Magic Bounce, Magma Armor, Marvel Scale, Motor Drive, Multiscale, Oblivious,Own Tempo, Sand Veil, Sap Sipper, Shell Armor, Shield Dust, Simple, Snow Cloak, Solid Rock, Soundproof, Sticky Hold, Storm Drain, Sturdy, Suction Cups, Tangled Feet,Telepathy, Thick Fat, Unaware, Vital Spirit, Volt Absorb,Water Absorb, Water Veil, White Smoke, Wonder Guard,Wonder Skin
||Aroma Veil, Bulletproof, Flower Veil, Fur Coat, Overcoat,Sweet Veil
Outside of battle
Teravolt has no effect outside of battle.
Pokemon with Teravolt