During weather conditions, Forecast will change Castform’s form, which changes its type. Castform changes as follows:
- During intense sunlight or extremely harsh sunlight, it will become Sunny Form, which is Fire type.
- During hail, it will become Snowy Form, which is Ice type.
- During rain or heavy rain, it will become Rainy Form, which is Water type.
- During a sandstorm, fog, strong winds, a shadowy aura, or clear weather it will revert to its normal form, which is Normal type.
- It will also revert to its normal form if a Pokemon on the field hasCloud Nine or Air Lock.
This Ability has no effect on Pokemon other than Castform.
Forecast does not change Castform’s form until after Stealth Rock deals damage.
Generation III and IV
If Castform loses Forecast or Forecast is suppressed with Gastro Acid, it will be stuck in its current form. When it regains Forecast, it will change to the form matching the current weather, even if it is already in the correct form (which resets its type if it had changed due to an effect like Color Change).
Generation V onward
If Castform loses Forecast or Forecast is suppressed with Gastro Acid, it will revert to its normal form and not be able to change form. If Castform regains Forecast, it will change form to match the current weather, unless it would be in its normal form in the current weather.
Outside of battle
Forecast has no effect outside of battle.
Pokemon with Forecast